Car Ride to Arnold’s Pasir Ris. Guess who’s driving. ;)
The next day went to test out the new climbing place, X-Asia. It’s supposedly near to my work place coz it’s located at Enterprise Hub, but turned to be quite far, had to take 2 buses to get there since there’s a flyover in between.
Rate X-Asia, out of 5 stars:
– Industrial location, only 1 accessible bus. Nearest shopping mall IMM, nearest mosque; Al-Mukminin.
– How to go: Take bus service 183 from Jurong East interchange. Alight when u see Enterprise Hub.
– Only indoor Top Rope walls, there is no boulder wall. Like Mini Camp 5.
– Non-members – Student $10, Adults $12
– Members – Student $5, Adults $7 (Membership fee $30.00)
– Rental: Harness – $2.00, Belaying device – $4.00
Conclusion: Good for lead climbing & training, but more accessible if u have a vehicle. [ Please seek expert’s opinion for more accurate review k ;) ]
The funny thing was that the guy in-charge – cute, suntanned, early to mid-twenties, were not convinced that we’re both working adults! He charged us $10 each student price, according to him he gave discount for us since it just opened, and up till the time we were going off he actually asked us this:
CSG (Cute Suntanned Guy): U guys are Year 1?
Us: *looks at him in shock*
CSG: *try again* Year 2? Year 3?
Wanis: Oh, ah, just graduated. (hey, almost 1 year is still considered “just” right? I mean, hey, we did mention that we were working adults, but he just didn’t buy it)
CSG: So what’s next?
Wanis: Working lor… (padehal working already! lol!)
CSG: Not continuing studies?
Me: Yeah… Actually now waiting for uni results..
CSG: Okay all the best! :)
After filling in some admin matters and saying our goodbyes, we went off.
Both of us could not help feeling very very perasan and flattered after that okay! HAHAHA. What a morale booster. Lol! :D